About Apex Pro Mini Wireless
SteelSeries Apex Pro Mini Wireless Gaming Keyboard
A Compact Size Peripheral with Full-Featured Performance
Premium Gaming Performance in Reduced Form Factor
The Apex Pro Mini Wireless by SteelSeries offers gamers greater freedom with a form factor almost half the size of typical keyboards. Also, this mini keyboard offers Omnipoint adjustable switches, programable keys, and fast Quantum 2.0 Wireless low-latency performance.
The Apex Pro Mini Wireless is 40% smaller than the average keyboard with a compact design ideal for small workstations or on-the-go use. A lot of work went into the individual keys to ensure accuracy, responsiveness, and customization. With OmniPoint 2.0 adjustable switches, gamers can take advantage of cutting-edge magnetic sensors and customize the keystroke feel.
The high-end components in the Apex Pro Mini Wireless promote longevity. SteelSeries claims these units are twice as durable as a standard mechanical keyboard. The Apex Pro Mini Wireless keyboard's robust form factor is ideal for a product that will likely be used while traveling or in confined desk spaces.
The Apex Pro Mini Wireless has many options regarding its key performance, keybindings, and visual RGB esthetic. First, gamers can adjust key registration to complement their play style. For example, if a light touch is preferred, set to .2mm, or if a heavy press is desired, set to 3.8mm. The individual customization of details like key registration makes this keyboard stand out from the competition.
Another great feature of the Apex Pro Mini Wireless is the 2-in-1 Action Keys that allow one key to perform multiple functions. For example, a gamer could utilize one key for both a light and a heavy attack in-game by varying how firmly they pressed down.
Gamers will also have access to the SteelSeries Engine software, which includes RGB illumination, programmable keys, and much more. The SteelSeries Engine software makes customization and feature selection straightforward with an intuitive and visual user interface.
- Quantum 2.0 Wireless technology that incorporates a 2.4GHz connection or Bluetooth 5.0.
- The Apex Pro Mini Wireless is made with aircraft-grade aluminum alloy and offers enhanced structural support for lasting durability.
- Mini 60% form factor still includes all the features of a full-size keyboard with built-in secondary functions.
- OmniPoint 2.0 switches that provide responsive activation and are customizable for individual preference.
- SteelSeries Engine software puts RGB, 2-in-1 keystrokes, and programmable keybindings in the hands of gamers.
The Apex Mini Wireless keyboard is available from the SteelSeries website and major retailers like Amazon. At $239.99, this unit may be a bit costly for those looking for a simple portable keyboard. However, the high-performance switches, low-latency wireless performance, and customization options make it an ideal choice for competitive gamers on the go.
SteelSeries has filled a niche with the Apex Mini Wireless gaming keyboard. While there are many less expensive options available, none of them will touch the gaming performance of the Apex Mini Wireless. With aluminum alloy construction, OmniPoint 2.0 switches, and various customizable features, this keyboard easily outperforms similar compact style units. The Apex Mini Wireless is an ideal solution for competitive performance and serious gamers with limited space or travel frequently.
- Premium mechanical key performance.
- Light and compact with the same capabilities as a full-size keyboard.
- Customizable keystroke activation for different play styles.
- High-end price tag.
- Secondary key functions may take users some adjustment.
The Apex Mini Wireless keyboard offers impressive performance, customization, and features with solid construction at a high price point that may discourage casual gamers.